FUSION WELDING (ELECTRO & BUTT FUSION WELDING)
Our engineers are fully qualified to undertake polyethylene (PE) pipe fusion welding and butt welding services. There are multiple scenarios in which fusion welding may be required and you can rest assured that we can deliver a speedy and safe solution for your requirements. All our engineers are Gas Safe Registered and qualified. Call our team today or send us details of your reuiqrements using the form below.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ELECTRO FUSION AND BUTT FUSSION WELDING?
The main differences between electrofusion and butt fusion welding of polyethylene pipwork are:
- Butt fusion is the only option when the pipe is going to be used as a close fit lining in an exisiting pipeline. Also, electrofusion cannot be used in conjunction with no-dig or direction drilling.
- Butt fusion must be used in conjunction with pipes that have the same wall thickness. Pipes with different thicknesses can accomodated when using electrofusion, and can also be used to join certain types of multi layer pipes.
- Electrofusion should be used with pipe sizes from 16mm to 710mm.
- Butt fusion should be used with pipe sizes from 50mm to 2000mm.
- Electrofusion has the advantage of being able to join different grades of the same material usch MDPE to HDPE.